photos, ideas, step by step how to make them
Derived from the French expression "paint", Balayage is a hair coloring technique that has changed the world of hair coloring forever. Before balayage hair coloring, women would spend hours in the salon chair, their heads weighted down with aluminum foil, and in a state of mid-nap. But once the technique began to gain popularity among hairdressers and celebrities alike, it became one of the most desirable color treatments to ever exist.
Because? The answer is simple: gives you natural looking, almost tan hair. Color is applied with a brush in a freehand techniqueIntuition alone decides the placement and transitions of the hair colors involved. And while the technique was first invented by French colorists in the 1970s,holds great promise for modern fashionistas looking for fabulous colored hair!
What is balayage
Balayage is a long-lasting hair color technique because delicate highlights make long hair inconspicuous. This is because neither dyes nor bleaches are used on the roots, so on the one hand growth is taken care of while you don't have to worry about dyeing regularly.
It is a form of achieve a lighter hair color or achieve a different look without deeply damaging your hair and producing a natural feeling. The only thing you should keep in mind is taking care of your dyed hair.
Hair care recommendation
In order not to wash out the color and keep it bright, use a sulfate-free shampoo, preferably with organic coconut oil or other deeply moisturizing natural essential oils. If you want to keep your locks radiant, deeply hydrated and protected, apply moisturizing and nourishing hair masks after washing for at least 1-2 minutes. Spread it throughout your hair, avoiding the roots and paying attention to the ends of the hair, then rinse well.
Steps to follow
Here we will share a series of important and detailed steps to be able to perform this technique at home. It is important that they know that it is not easy, and that even highly experienced colorists find it complex. This is because in addition to knowledge about coloring an "artist" fee is required«. That is, the color is designed freehand, it is as if you were painting your hair in the style of a painting.
If you have skills in this regard or someone at home who has them, following the steps below should not have a problem.
Choice of stain color
This step is one of the most important Do you know the saying “A picture is worth a thousand words”? Good is true!
For the choice of colors we recommend that look for an image with a result similar to what you are wanting. Two things must be taken into account, on the one hand that the original hair color of the person in the photo is as similar to yours as possible. On the other hand, the color achieved with the balayage also has to be the one you want to achieve.
Once you found that image, you book it and head to the dye shop, choose a store where you know that someone who has knowledge works when it comes to serving you to be able to advise you. There you will show him the photo so he can tell you what color pigment to buy.
Plan the placement
Before starting the application, it is important to know specifically what result you want to achieve and based on it plan product placement.
For starters, allow the haircut to direct the placement. The shape of the hair will dictate the best placement.. Know when to use the forward diagonal placement versus horizontal placement is going to make a big difference. Nothing is more beautiful than complementing the lines and angles of a haircut with the right placement. Don't just improvise! Customize your technique and location according to your needs.
- look from what height you want the color change to start.
- Remember that it has to have unevenness so that there is no discoloration in a straight line, but to generate natural and subtle lighting effect.
- Keep in mind the front part of the hair (that is, the strands that have growth from the crown of the head) as a starting point to illuminate your face.
Adequate product dosage
Using the right product with the right consistency is the key to the success of this technique. Measurement is key! Improper hair color formula consistency can be the start of an epic balayage fail. If the formula is too thick, the end result will be streaky and uneven. If it's too thin, the lightener will seep through the sections of hair that aren't meant to be lightened.
Inadequate lightener consistency is often a direct result of the old "eyeball method." For flawless execution, weigh and measure your rinse mix for reliable results every time.all indications of fair amounts will be found on the products you purchase.
As an extra recommendation, consult about quantities to whoever advises you in the store. also cConsult which is the best lightener for the balayage technique because there are a lot of them on the market and not all of them are ideal for balayage.
A proper application of the product requires some important issues:
- Choosing suitable instruments: brush with good hair, gloves, clips to divide the hair, fine comb.
- correct saturation of the product in the different parts of the hair.
- rest time of the right product.
Here we will discuss the steps to follow:
- 1. Divide your hair into different parts, initially leaving the hair on the lower part of the head loose, neatly combed and exposed.
- 2. Imagine that the length of your hair is divided into three parts, the first part is the one close to the roots, the second is the middle part and the third part is the one that corresponds to the tips. As a general rule we will say that part 1 is the one that has to have the least amount of product, in terms of saturation, and less amount of hair should be covered by lightener and dye. The amount increases the closer we get to the tips. This last part is the one that must be absolutely saturated with product.
- 3. Before you start applying Grab strands of your hair and with a very fine comb, comb it upwards.generating a subtle effect "smoothie".
- 4. Use the brush as if you were painting on paper, in the part closest to the roots in a downward direction. And in the part of the tip in the opposite direction.
- 5. Apply the product with a brush taking into account the saturation rule that we mentioned. In the strands that you want to be more illuminated, place more product and cover them with aluminum foil.
- 6. Once you finish the application, look at the complete result and apply product in the details that you have left.
- 7. Cover all your hair with plastic wrap and let it rest, approximately 30 minutes. It is important review frequently to see that it is clearing up but not too much.
- 8. He final score With wet hair, it should look similar to the one in the following photos, depending on the intensity in the lightening that you want to achieve.
- 9. for purpose wash your hair by placing an ampoule of "bath of light"this step is so important like the previous ones and will give you the lighting finish that you are wanting to obtain.
Examples of hairstyles with the Balayage technique
To finish we will share different images of hair with balayage technique so they can choose how they want the look to fit. Undoubtedly, this technique has gained a lot of popularity in the hairdressing industry since it is a technique that creates a bold and eye-catching effect with a degraded effect from the roots to the tips and that does not need much maintenance, since the growth is not noticeable.
Deja una respuesta